Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Look at this week’s most-watched IT questions up close: from .11 to Windows Server 2003 to Wireless in 2010. Have questions of your own? Head over to the IT Knowledge Exchange forum and get some answers!
1. Mr. Denny weighed in: 802.11a versus 802.11g.
2. Mr. Denny to the rescue again, advising a user to backup everything but Windows during file backups for Windows Server 2003.
3. T8sta needed help configuring a connection by PPPoE on a Cisco 2600 router. Mattmather provided a thorough answer; have anything to add?
4. Mr. Denny, Mattmather and Mitrum gave their insights on connecting to a server over Bluetooth.
5. Sflatbush was having a SQL Server 2008 SSIS update command performance issue. Mr. Denny provided an approved answer!
6. Mr. Denny informed us that the native defragmentation on Windows 7 workstations can’t activate when a threshold of fragmentation is reached. Do you have any suggestions for third party tools that could do the job?
7. Mr. Denny and Technochic helped out with automatic backups for production databases without taking the SQL server offline.
8. Shanekearney provided a step-by-step answer for connecting two Windows 7 machines via WiFi.
9. Deb4u needed help creating a display date in Oracle TOAD. Kccrosser, Meandyou, and Darryn gave it a shot.
10. When looking for a method to ensure all Windows clients have updated antivirus, we received both a scripting method and a third party software method. Which ones have you tried and found successful?