Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
This week’s most-watched IT questions will test your knowledge of routers, networking, backups, SQL and Active Directory. See something that matches your expertise? Give it your best shot!
1. T8sta wondered, “How can I configure a connection by PPPoE on a Cisco 2600 router?” And Mattmather came to the rescue with a sample for PPPoE configuration.
2. ETHMAN5 came to the right place to find out how to create an alert email when automatic failover occurs in SQL Server 2005 and 2000; Mr. Denny provided his expertise.
3. Handling123 was wondering if it is possible to add a 2.0 USB port in the blade server or what is the best and fastest way to back up a blade server. He’s provided the additional information needed to answer his question. Help him out?
4. Thanks to Carlosdl for providing some great suggestions for programs to use to receive network alerts for critical conditions.
5. Test12 inquired about publisher and subscriber size mismatch during transactional replication on SQL Server 2005; Mr. Denny assured him it’s normal.
6. Wondering if it’s possible to install different applications depending on who logs into a computer located on your SBS 2003 server network? Mr. Denny and Pjb0222 provide a joint and thorough answer.
7. RickMartinez seeks help with his database log file SQL Server 2005 and wonders if improper storage of SQL data files on the SAN is the culprit of slow performance.
8. The ITProjectBlog provided a great description of the limitation of a small business server.
9. Thanks to Rechil for providing such an in-depth answer regarding automated backup systems available to clients’ Windows 7 workstations.
10. Check out some of the suggestions from Labnuke99 and DarkStar911 for tools to audit Windows Active Directory passwords to meet complexity rules and not let users have weak passwords.