Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Folks can’t seem to get enough of this week’s IT blog top 10, and we can tell why. From David Vasta’s brutally honest assessments of Microsoft to the latest releases in tablets and viruses, this week is as entertaining as it is informative. Enjoy!
1. Colin Steele over at The Virtualization Room analyzes VMware’s leaving Hyper-V in its dust: Hyper-V vs. VMware not much of a fight these days.
2. Ed Hardy of Brighthand Bytes tells us whether Apple should be shaking in its boots (soon to be available in white!): Apple iPad vs. HP Slate: Which Is Better?
3. Even though Paul the Octopus is no longer with us, David Vasta over at Lotus Alive has done some predicting of his own: Ray Ozzie follow up.
4. Can’t get enough of cloud? Neither can we. Michael S. Mimoso of Security Bytes on IBM’s announcement of new cloud security services.
5. Have a long commute ahead of you? Listen as Search Security editors and Joshua Corman, research director at The 451 Group, bust the myth of PCI Compliance [podcast].
6. When will Microsoft catch a break in the mobile market? Not any time soon, and David Vasta’s not shedding any tears. Find out why the Windows Phone 7 is already dead.
7. David Vasta means the exclamation point when he says Ray Ozzie is leaving Microsoft!
8. Can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Rogue antivirus spoofs Firefox, Google attack warning pages. Robert Westervelt reports on the irony over at Security Bytes.
9. Another hard-hitter from David Vasta: More on the joke that is now Microsoft.
10. Have you been waiting as long as the folks over at The Virtualization Room? Hyper-V R2 Service Pack 1 release candidate is out.