Posted by: Michael Morisy
ITKE, The IT Blog Top 10
10. Choosing a block size when creating VMFS datastores Eric Siebert provides a guide detailing how to choose a block size for VMFS datastores.
9. Using VRDP to view VirtualBox virtual machines remotely Rick Vanover walks through Sun’s xVM VirtualBox’s ability to tap into VRDP remote viewing.
8. Does Larry care about Oracle customers? When it comes to his company, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is clearly ‘in it to win it’ – but for whom? Shayna Garlick investigates.
7. How to allow the root user to log in to VMware ESX Server with SSH David Davis’ how-to on allowing users into a VMware server via SSH works wonders for the virtualization crowd.
6. Ellison rails against the Cloud Larry Ellison once again took aim at the marketing hype surrounding cloud computing, this time likening it to “water vapor.” Barney Beal brings readers the story.
5. Importing VMDK disk files into Sun xVM VirtualBox Rick Vanover provides an illustrated virtualization how-to on importing VMDK into VirtualBox.
4. How Google and Yahoo improved data center energy efficiency Running large data centers is expensive and getting worse. No one knows that more than Google and Yahoo, and Mark Schlack explains what enterprises can learn from these tech giants.
3. Master’s guide to VMware Fault Tolerance Eric Siebert has brought everything you need to know about VMware Fault Tolerance into a single place.
2. Start with a software test plan template, then throw it away Michael Kelly offers some unconventional advice on software test plan templates — won from hard experience.
1. IBM i runs PHP, but is it enough? Mark Fontecchio asks whether IBM i’s PHP support is enough to impress the CIO these days?