Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
This week’s IT blog top 10 is full of curiousity: Apple or Slate? Java update or not? What’s up with Novell? Luckily each article offers more answers than questions. But don’t worry, if you still have questions, you can head over to IT answers and get those taken care of as well. Enjoy!
1. Still doing your research on which tablet you want to ask for for the holidays? Check out Ed Hardy’s side-by-side comparison: Apple iPad vs. HP Slate: Which Is Better?
2. I see your mouse hovering over “Remind Me Later” on that Java update reminder. Not so fast! Check out Security Bytes’s advice first: SANS researcher: Implement every Java security fix.
3. Barbara Darrow over at Channel Marker notices how quiet it’s been over in Novell’s corner and wonders, What’s up with Novell?
4. Everyone who has anything to do with IT or IT security, prepare to be shocked. Marcia Savage over at Security Bytes reports: Study shows lack of corporate security training.
5. Ed Hardy finally clears the air and further reveals how the International Telecommunication Union is getting left in the dust. Learn the ins and outs of why Hardy says T-Mobile really does have a 4G network.
7. Give your eyes a break and listen to the Security Wire Weekly podcast: How should enterprises respond to Firesheep? (Not sure what Firesheep is? Ken Harthun’s got you covered over at the Security Corner: Baa Baa, Firesheep, Have You Any Wool?)
8. Congratulations to Mr. Denny, the mastermind over at SQL Server with Mr. Denny, for starting his new job! We look forward to hearing the details.
9. Another acquisition follows a grueling month of speculation and EMC grabs Isilon for $2.25 billion.
10. Mark Zuckerberg may have the millions (billions?) of Farmville players fooled, but not David Vasta: Facebook says email is dead – Not so fast!