Posted by: Michael Morisy
The IT Blog Top 10
10. The intermediate IBM i 6.1.1 version Mark Fontecchio takes a look at IBM i 6.1.1, and answers the question of how well it fills the gap for those waiting for i5/OS.
9. Using VRDP to view VirtualBox virtual machines remotely Rick Vanover explains some important adminsitration techniques for users of Sun’s VirtualBox.
8. Success of 64-bit Internet Explorer Depends on Adobe Tony Bradley explains why not everything IE related is in the hands of Microsoft.
7. Novell and Microsoft pact reaches third year mark Leah Rosin blows the birthday candles on Novell and Microsoft’s odd arrangement, and evaluates some of the criticisms and successes that the past three years have brought these strange bedfellows.
6. Several prominent speakers pull out of COMMON COMMON might be a bit quieter this year; Mark Fontecchio has the reasons why, and what it means to those thinking about going.
5. RPG Open I/O in IBM i 6.1.1 and 7.1 Leah Rosin joins Profound Logic in an in depth look at RPG Open I/O.
4. How to allow the root user to log in to VMware ESX Server with SSH David Davis’ how-to on allowing users into a VMware server via SSH works wonders for the virtualization crowd.
3. Importing VMDK disk files into Sun xVM VirtualBox Rick Vanover provides an illustrated virtualization how-to on importing VMDK into VirtualBox.
2. 9 IT outsourcing myths, and the outsourcing facts CIOs should consider Rachel Lebeaux tackles some outsourcing myths that are holding CIOs back, and gets to the facts.
1. Oracle takes the My out of My Oracle Support Shayna Garlick covers some recent good news from Oracle about customer support … along with some bad.