This week’s IT Blog Top 10 is a little heavy on the storage and cloud information. Get your fill and let us know what you think! Want to get in on the conversation about cloud storage? Answer this week’s Open IT Forum question or just see what others are saying.
1. What happens when you’re waiting on Microsoft? You keep waiting, just like Nokia, stuck in limbo waiting for Windows 7 phones.
2. Now it’s just getting embarrassing: Sony breach timeline shows missteps, says security firm.
3. Held together by tape: NetApp, CommVault forge OEM deal around SnapProtect, tape.
4. Apple’s announcement is making waves, with Ron Miller asking, is iCloud an ending or beginning for cloud storage vendors?
5. Mrdenny hit the IT Knowledge Exchange nail on the head with his answer to this question: Why do I do all this work for free?
6. Storage acquisitions are the talk of the season, especially at Storage Soup, where Dave Raffo is asking, is it time for Dell to scoop up Brocade?
7. What recession? Sharon Fisher is happy to report that disk storage systems sales continue to show good growth.
8. I promise, it’s a coincidence that this post from Tony Bradley is number 8: The Big Reveal: Microsoft shows off Windows 8.
9. It’s almost hard to keep up with all of the updates: Sony Pictures confirms hacking group website attack.
10. Did Dave Raffo of #6 predict it? Rumor alert: Dell to buy Brocade?