Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
This week’s IT blog top 10 has the latest in IT, from Apple and Google, apps versus browsers, storage virtualization, and zombies. Wait, what? Well, you’ll just have to see for yourself…
1. Ron Miller outlines the on-going struggle between two camps: Apple and Google take sides in the apps versus browser argument.
2. Get some top-notch advice on becoming a renaissance programmer.
3. They’re not just for video games anymore: What zombies can teach us about disaster recovery.
4. Different day, same security faux pas: Weak PINS are the new weak password.
5. Storage is all the rage in discussions about virtualization, as Beth Pariseau demonstrates in her recent post about the former VMware exec who founded a virtualization storage company.
6. It seems like a no-brainer, but Mr. Denny addresses a relevant topic that comes up in the forums: Why you shouldn’t cheat on a job interview.
7. It’s summer blockbuster time, and Colin Steele covers the hardest hitters in his post about Hyper-V 3.0 in Windows 8 and their new features.
8. Are you a fan of corporate responsibility? Dave Raffo exposes too much air time for EMC CEO Joe Tucci.
10. Integration problems can cripple even the biggest names: EMC and VMware in “furious high gear” over VAAI glitch.