Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
This week’s IT Blog Top 10 has everything you need to stock up on information regarding storage, Google’s innovations, the Internet, security, and your future career in IT. What more could you ask for? (Check out the great infographic above at Security Bytes, #6.)
1. The NetApp CEO doesn’t think server vendors can keep up with storage innovation, Dave Raffo says.
2. Ron Miller wasn’t too excited after his experience, says Chromebook could be good for IT but not users.
3. This blog post is popping back up in people’s radar; does this mean resurfacing fears? Sharon Fisher on Egypt’s internet blockage: Could it happen here?
4. Robert Westervelt brings (somewhat) reassuring news regarding Google’s new near field communication (NFC) payment service: Google Wallet gains interest from security researchers.
5. Sharon Fisher outlines last week’s events that mean you can expect a wave of e-discovery acquisitions.
6. Robert Westervelt updates the Sony fiasco: Sony breach timeline shows missteps, says security firm. (Don’t have time for a full blog post? Cheat and just check out the great infographic.)
7. A marketing strategy that makes you go on a hunt for information? Colin Steele vents about Citrix’s frustrating XenServer strategy.
8. Alyssa Wood admires VMware’s dedication to its strategy: In real estate, as in IT, VMware goes big.
9. Linda Tucci looks ahead to the CIO job of tomorrow, and who you need to think about hiring now.
10. Barney Beal expounds on a bold quote from Forrester CEO: “The web is a dead technology.”