This week’s IT blog top 10 covers storage, SQL, and virtualization as well as others. What more could you need?
1. Sharon Fisher abides by the old saying, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket”: The bandwidth vs. storage equation includes cost, availability.
2. Ron Miller wonders if an HP WebOS license deal will even matter.
3. Dave Raffo has the details on Oracle buying Ellison’s storage company, Pillar.
4. Everyone say hello to the new player in the virtualization and cloud community world: PaperShare. Colin Steele explains the reasons behind David Greschler leaving Microsoft.
5. Interest in storage start-ups is on the rise, according to Sharon Fisher: Fusion-io IPO attracts investment excitement to storage vendors.
6. Mrdenny clears up some SQL Server confusion: What does WITH (NOLOCK) actually mean?
7. Nathan Simon has the VMware ESXi 5.0 release features for your perusing pleasure.
8. When asking what the heck is Office 365, Carl Brooks starts with what it isn’t.
9. Take a break from all that reading, and listen to the Security Wire Weekly podcast on Lulzec and its impact on information security.
10. Ron Miller has some advice: RIM needs to execute or perish.