Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
This week we’ve got some delicious posts for you to sink your teeth into. All the big names are here: From VMware to Google to Dell to the ever-elusive Cloud. Check out the reading everyone’s been devouring this past week. Don’t see your favorite post on the list? Share it in the comments section!
1. Colin Steele of the Search Server Virtualization blog announced the release of vSphere 4.1 in VMware adopts per-VM licensing, pricing.
2. The Troposhere’s Carl Brooks reports on trouble in cloud paradise: Did Google oversell itself to the City of LA?
3. Are you one of the Oracle-Sun abandoners? Mark Fontecchio reports that the Bads new on Oracle-Sun hardware continues.
4. Dave Raffo from Storage Soup catches us up on the Dell-OEM deal: Dell buys Ocarina, plans dedupe across its storage portfolio.
5. Worried about your ProCurve lifetime warranty after the 3Com acquisition? The Network Hub’s Shamus McGillicuddy reports that HP’s old ProCurve lifetime warranties extend to just a few 3Com/H3C gear.
6. From Changing the Channel: Networking VAR News’ Elaine J. Hom, Juniper channel video redefines weird.
7. Beth Pariseau from the Search Server Virtualization blog analyzes that VMware reports Essentials growth, but SMB market share remains unclear.
8. Another from Search Server Virtualization’s Beth Pariseau, this time on her experience at the New England VMware User Group (VMUG) meeting: Stealth company Actifio looks to improve virtual server DR, data protection.
9. Shamus McGillicuddy reports for The Network Hub on the Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control: Crowded, but leaders stand alone.
10. Keep your Eye on Oracle with Mark Fontecchio’s piece: Oracle updates Coherence grid software for cloud computing.