Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
VMware’s still making headlines in this week’s IT Blog Top 10 along with acquisitions, layoffs, and some good ol’ botnet hunting. What’s topping your list this week?
1. Why’s everyone fleeing the networking industry? Shamus McGillicuddy investigates why Brocade and Alcatel-Lucent are seeking exits saying, Take my company, please.
2. Ed Tittel takes a break and talks about some of his side interests: Killer…I mean KILLER…deals available on Microsoft WHS 2011.
3. Linda Tucci sheds light on a point of anxiety in IT compounded by the State Street tech layoffs: IT transformation’s dark side.
4. Impressed by EMC’s earnings announcement last week? Check out EMC’s big sellers: Isilon, FAST, and flash.
5. You know what Chris Rock said about VMware:”VMware be shoppin’, you can’t stop VMware from shoppin’.” Or something like that…
6. There’s been a lot of uproar about VMware’s new licensing program, and Carl Brooks wonders, Is VMware’s new vRAM licensing private cloud poison?
7. Before making any product or application, it’s important to figure out who’s going to buy and use it. Alyssa Wood pauses for VMware and wonders, Who will use Zimbra?
8. Dave Raffo has some bad news (for Brocade): So much for Dell buying Brocade.
9. In case you’re still wondering what the heck is Office 365, Carl Brooks has you covered.
10. Keep up with the latest botnets and the latest ways to hunt botnets with better protection.