Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10, Virtualization, VMware
This week’s IT Blog Top 10 was not sponsored by VMware (we promise), but it’s still pretty virtualization heavy, from VMware ESXi to plenty of opinions on vSphere 5. What news were you following this past week?
1. All those cloud-haters get to mark “Say ‘I told you so’” off of their to-do lists: Why It’s Dangerous to Rely on the Cloud – At Least, If You Use Comcast.
2. Microsoft jumps on VMware’s new vSphere 5 and warns of VMware “vTax.”
3. Speaking of VMware, check out VMware ESXi 5.0 release features, courtesy of Nathan Simon.
4. And speaking of VMware ESXi 5.0, check out what other options VMware considered when deciding on vSphere 5′s licensing model.
5. Seems like the name on the tip of everyone’s tongue is VMware: pricing changes add cost to the cloud.
6. Sharon Fisher doesn’t want you to forget that the bandwidth versus storage equation includes cost, availability.
7. Ed Tittel dives into the July 2011 security bulletins and their interesting surprises.
8. Dave Raffo delivers the exciting news: IBM unveils next-gen XIV.
9. VMware comes clean about questions regarding its cross-platform management capabilities: No demand for Hyper-V management.
10. Nimble adds a storage system to its repertoire and grab $25M in funding.