Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
This week’s IT blog top 10 is spent looking back on what we learned in 2010 and how best to apply that to the year ahead. Have your own stories of nostalgia to share? Leave them in the comments or send us an email.
1. Attention everyone who received an iPad for the holidays! There’s a message for you over at Security Bytes from Robert Westervelt and McAfee: Attackers to target Apple in 2011.
2. Already nostalgic about 2010? So is the staff of SearchSecurity.com, so join them for part two of their look back at cybersecurity in 2010 [podcast].
3. Skype users weren’t too happy last week, but with the service back up, Ron Miller can safely look back with his lessons learned from the Skype outage.
4. Nostalgia Hour is over at Security Wire Weekly with this look-ahead podcast on 2011 IT Security Predictions.
5. Get your own personal invitation to a session with Mr. Denny if you’ve ever had this conversation with a storage admin.
6. Looks like people are still wondering what happened to SimpleCDN. Carl Brooks has the answers.
7. Looks like Apple users aren’t the only ones having to worry about attacks. Robert Westervelt explains the Google Android Trojan that surfaced in China.
8. New Orleans took a hit of a different kind and Dave Raffo explains how i365 was involved in the New Orleans backup failure.
9. Robert Westervelt’s not done with his warnings quite yet, this time a credit union warns of a phony banking Android app.
10. Mr. Denny isn’t afraid to call you out, so if you are going to provide SQL Server support, you should probably know what you are doing.