Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
1. Storage Soup’s Dave Raffo reports on how EMC’s finally read to consolidate Clariion, Celerra midrange platforms.
2. Who knew these were fighting words? Virtualization alone does not a cloud make. Colin Steele at The Virtualization Room explains why it’s Microsoft vs. VMware: To the cloud!
3. Ryan Cloutier over at Security Bytes on how hijackers prove smarter than the popular institutional website they hijacked, including Harvard, MIT and Stanford.
4. Beth Pariseau updates us at The Virtualization Room with another hint about new VMware vStorage APIs.
5. Will this affect you? Oracle dropping MySQL support on IBM AS400, aka “System i.”
6. Dave Raffo talks about who’s left standing after the myriad of late 2010 acquisitions: DataDirect Networks called No. 1 among private storage vendors.
7. IT Knowledge Exchange is starting the year off right…with a new contest! Find out how you can win one of two iPads or three Amazon gift cards at the Community Blog.
8. Ron Miller asks the logical question after so much turnover in 2010: Is Microsoft really committed to the cloud?
9. Speaking of Microsoft turnaround, Colin Steele updates us on the latest one at The Virtualization Room: Bob Muglia leaving Microsoft.
10. Laura Smith at TotalCIO talks about what’s on the mind of IT execs this year: Whether public, private or hybrid, it’s time to get a cloud strategy.