Posted by: Michael Morisy
when relevant content is
added and updated.
1. Forrester points to 2010 changes in application development Jack Vaughn reports back that Forrester has highlighted cloud computing platforms, low-cost application frameworks and more nimble development as 2010 priorities.
2. Using VRDP to view VirtualBox virtual machines remotely Rick Vanover shares a technique to help make remote administration a little easier.
3. Choosing a block size when creating VMFS datastores Eric Siebert discusses how to choose the right allocation for your VMFS datastores.
4. How to use command line arguments in VBScript via the Wscript.Arguments Object Jerry Lees explains a helpful VBScript trick.
5. Upgrade ESXi 3.5 to ESXi 4.0 without vCenter Raj Perumal discovered a handy workaround for those that want to play around with ESXi 4.0.
6. No Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008 R2 – but why? Brendan Cournoyer looks into why Exchange 2007 was conspicuously absent from Windows Server 2008 R2, and why it’s coming back.
7. What is a Cisco console cable? David Davis explains one of the basic building blocks for a fully-functioning Cisco network.
9. Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad Users speak out Users share their personal opinions when it comes to the top SQL and PL/SQL editing and debugging tools.
10. Creating virtual machine backups in VMware ESXi or ESX for free with ghettoVCB Raj Perumal offers up a handy way to backup your virtual machines on a budget.