Posted by: Michael Morisy
when relevant content is
added and updated.
1. Forrester points to 2010 changes in application development Jack Vaughn reports back that Forrester has highlighted cloud computing platforms, low-cost application frameworks and more nimble development as 2010 priorities.
2. Importing VMDK disk files into Sun xVM VirtualBox Rick Vanover provides an illustrated virtualization how-to on importing VMDK into VirtualBox.
3. Oracle-Citrix acquisition hits the rumor mill Colin Steele writes on the latest rumors about an even bigger Oracle acquistion goal now that it is completing Sun.
4. Linux inside at CES 2010 Linux is powering more than ever, reports Paul Ferrill live from CES.
5. How to use command line arguments in VBScript via the Wscript.Arguments Object Jerry Lees explains a helpful VBScript trick.
6. Upgrade ESXi 3.5 to ESXi 4.0 without vCenter Raj Perumal discovered a handy workaround for those that want to play around with ESXi 4.0.
7. Success of 64-bit Internet Explorer Depends on Adobe Tony Bradley explains why not everything IE related is in the hands of Microsoft.
8. IT job opportunities in 2010 include BPM Kristen Caretta notes that while specializations are generally on the way out, those versed in BPM are finding new opportunities.
9. Credit union warns of phony banking Android app Robert Westervelt reports on a new attack vector: Mobile banking applications that phish for users data.
10. Enterprise data storage and IT industries place more bets for 2010 Beth Pariseau comes back with a second round of 2010 predictions from leading analysts and companies.