Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
This week’s top 10 has a few treats in it, from Mrdenny’s demo slip-ups to a call and response of Oracle’s big storage announcement this past week. Enjoy what many others have been enjoying from the blogs and get caught up on the latest in all aspects of IT. See you next week!
1. Even superstars like Mrdenny have bloopers: When the demos don’t work, the men and women are separated from the boys and girls.
2. Brendan Cournoyer’s has updated his post with some screenshots from SCVMM 2012 demos. Check them out and decide whether or not Virtual Machine Manager 2012 will clear the way for private clouds.
3. Mark Fontecchio whet our appetites with the promise of Oracle making a big storage hardware announcement this week, and the big wait is finally over.
4. Ron Miller pulls out the tough love, says Microsoft needs more than gimmicks to succeed in the cloud.
5. Dave Raffo has updated his speculation on Dell’s plan to resell EMC VNX, not VNXe.
6. Barbara Darrow gets insight into how Microsoft EA changes put LARs in the hot seat, with help from Paul DeGroot who knows more about Microsoft licensing than most folks at Microsoft.
7. Think you’ve scouted out some young talent for a cybersecurity career? Make sure you let them know about the high school cybersecurity competition being sponsored by the Center for Internet Security.
8. Dave Raffo speculates whether Quantum’s upgrade of its dedupe software will offset the disappointing sales last quarter.
9. Barbara Darrow of Channel Marker updates us as Randall Runk exits HP.
10. If one of your 2011 goals was to finally spruce up that CIO resume of yours, Arun Gupta has just what you need.