Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Check out our list of this week’s IT blog top 10 for the latest on the cloud, VMware, NetApp, Windows 7 and more. Share your favorites posts in the comments section!
1. Ron Miller isn’t convinced you have any good excuses left and asks: If the U.S. gets the cloud, why not you?
2. Ready for the joke of the week? Colin Steele shares VMware CTO Steve Herrod’s idea of a good laugh: What do Hyper-V and the VMware CTO’s dog have in common?
3. Jack Vaughan on the End of Days for Java. Is Java a dead end for enterprise application development?
5. It’s a simple case of demand trumping supply. Too bad the solution isn’t quite as simple: NetApp can’t keep up with FAS3200 demand, by Dave Raffo.
6. SQL Server users, listen up! Mrdenny has something to say, and he’s not beating around the bush: If you aren’t doing backups, you aren’t doing your job.
7. Keith Kessinger of The Virtualization Room observes that despite the forward motion of server virtualization technologies, antivirus software for virtual infrastructures is all but stagnant. That explains his excitement at the prospect of antivirus for virtualization coming out of the Dark Ages.
8. Never underestimate the power of customer feedback. Perhaps the Mozy customers balking at cloud backup price increase will be consulted first next time.
9. If you’re curious and want more on VMware vCloud Connector, Colin Steele has it for you at The Virtualization Room.
10. Look ahead with Tom Nolle as Alcatel-Lucent’s lightRadio celebrates the small; what’s next?