Posted by: ITKE
The IT Blog Top 10
There are so many good things here, from a leaked memo from Nokia’s CEO to VMware CTO Steve Herrod’s comic debut! If you’ve finished off your Valentine’s Day chocolates, dig your chops into these sweet morsels from our tech blogs.
1. Mrdenny doesn’t beat around the bush over at SQL Server: If you aren’t doing backups, you aren’t doing your job.
2. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop broke the news to his employees and Ron Miller breaks the news to us: Looks like you might not have to support Symbian.
3. First video and the radio star, and now this, from Colin Steele: VMware killing Lab Manager.
4. Is it just that time of year again or is Java actually a dead end for enterprise application development? Jack Vaughan speculates at SOA Talk.
5. Who says tech execs had no sense of humor? Colin Steele witnessed it firsthand and shares VMware CTO Steve Herrod’s hilarity over at The Virtualization Room: What do Hyper-V and the VMware CTO’s dog have in common?
6. Leah Rosin and the Enterprise Linux Log celebrated an unconventional Valentine’s Day this week with a list: Linux I love thee – users count the ways.
7. Storage Soup’s Dave Raffo says not to worry, there’s more to look forward to: EMC prepares block-level primary deduplication.
8. The Troposphere’s Carl Brooks adds yet another reason to scratch your head at cloud with one question: Can a cloud broker upset the cloud market?
9. “All the data security in the world doesn’t help if you don’t lock the damn door.” I couldn’t have said it better than Sharon Fisher on one of the more disheartening security headlines: Millions of Medical Records Stolen from Unlocked Van.
10. Dave Raffo cautions against breaking one of the main rules of customer service – randomly hiking up prices for loyal customers. The result if you do? Just ask Mozy customers who are balking at cloud backup price increase.