Posted by: Michael Morisy
The IT Blog Top 10
1. How to allow the root user to log in to VMware ESX Server with SSH David Davis’ how-to on allowing users into a VMware server via SSH works wonders for the virtualization crowd.
2. Choosing a block size when creating VMFS datastores Eric Siebert discusses how to choose the right allocation for your VMFS datastores.
3. Using VRDP to view VirtualBox virtual machines remotely Rick Vanover shares a technique to help make remote administration a little easier.
4. Standard Server 2003 Migration to SBS 2008 Part 3 Roger Crawford’s third part of his series on Server 2003 migrations.
5. 201 CMR 17 FAQ: Updates to Massachusetts data protection law Alexander Howard takes a look at the update to 201.CMR.1, which moves the implementation deadline to March 1st and changes some key provisions to the data protection law.
6. How to reset the Cisco Catalyst Switch to Factory Defaults Yasir Irfan offers up a helpful, illustrated tutorial.
7. How to use command line arguments in VBScript via the Wscript.Arguments Object Jerry Lees explains a helpful VBScript trick.
8. Oracle vs. VMware feud simmering Colin Steele gets into the details of what could be 2010′s largest IT brawl, focused squarely around virtualization.
9. No Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008 R2 – but why? Brendan Cournoyer delves into why the latest Windows 2008 R2 takes a surprising turn in not support Exchange 2007.
10. Upgrade ESXi 3.5 to ESXi 4.0 without vCenter Raj Perumal discovered a handy workaround for those that want to play around with ESXi 4.0.