Posted by: Michael Morisy
The IT Blog Top 10
1. Standard Server 2003 Migration to SBS 2008 Part 3 Roger Crawford’s third part of his series on Server 2003 migrations.
2. Bane (or bain) of my existence? Ivy Wigmore dives into the bane of many a writers’ morning and explains the correct choice.
3. Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out Mark Brunelli dives into what has SQL developers bugging out in the latest clash of the tools.
4. Creating virtual machine backups in VMware ESXi or ESX for free with ghettoVCB Raj Perumal dives into a free, relatively easy way to backup VMware images.
5. The Value of the VCP (VMware Certified Professional) Joseph Foran explains why he thinks the VCP is one of the safest bets around when it comes to certification.
6. Back To Basics: The UPDATE Statement MrDenny writes up instructions on using a powerful SQL tool: UPDATE.
7. A simple way to read the registry with VBScript Jerry Lees explains how to script reading the Registry.
8. SAS vs SATA: SATA on the ropes. Tory Skyers goes into why SAS is beating out SATA, and what it means for your storage.
9. 201 CMR 17 FAQ: Updates to Massachusetts data protection law Alexander Howard takes a look at the update to 201.CMR.1, which moves the implementation deadline to March 1st and changes some key provisions to the data protection law.
10. 10 Skills to make a perfect Project Manager Jaideep explains what it takes to take it to the top as a project manager.