Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
1. Everyone’s taking a look back at 2010 before looking ahead, and Security Wire Weekly did the same with their recent podcast, Cybersecurity: Looking back at 2010 – Part 1.
2. Apple fanatics are the first to tout the security superiority of Apple products, but Robert Westervelt has a glum prediction for all the yaysayers in 2011 from McAfee: Attackers to target Apple in 2011.
3. New Orleans can’t seem to cut a break, except this time the disaster has affected servers and data backed up dating back to the 1980s. Storage Soup’s Dave Raffo reports on how i365 is involved in New Orleans’ backup failure.
4. Following up on #1 of this list, Security Wire Weekly put up their podcast on Cybersecurity 2010: Looking back and lessons learned – Part 2.
5. One company that’s making a lot of top 10 lists along with headlines is the topic over at Ron Miller’s mobile and cloud computing blog: WikiLeaks Shut Down Provides Lesson for Cloud Buyers.
6. Carl Brooks ruffled some feathers, and he’s still getting a lot of traffic with his answer to the question, What happened to SimpleCDN?
7. Mr. Denny muses on the uninformed, throw away comments of seemingly knowledgeable tech bloggers with a common complaint in IT: Some people really just don’t understand how the technology that runs their lives functions.
8. Mr. Denny has a book coming out in February! So all of the great knowledge he shares around IT Knowledge Exchange will be available on Amazon. More information here: My book Securing SQL Server is coming.
9. Colin Steele offers your moment of Zen over at The Virtualization Room with Dilbert’s take on server virtualization.
10. Search Server Virtualization announced their 2011 virtualization predictions contest winner.