Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The IT Blog Top 10
It seems VMware can’t get out of the headlines, what with vSphere 5 licensing aftermath and rumors about vRAM changes already stirring. Don’t worry, it’s not all bad news, as #3 demonstrates.
What were some of your favorite IT blog posts from this past week? Let us know in the comments section or send me an email at Melanie [at] ITKnowledgeExchange [dot] com.
1. Sharon Fisher asks for some advice: How would you move 30 petabytes of data?
2. Despite rumors, VMware is mum on vRAM changes.
3. We’re getting amped up about VMworld at the end of this month, especially after hearing this: Killers to play VMworld 2011 party.
4. Perhaps VMware can bounce back a little faster if it listens to Eric Siebert’s suggestions on how VMware can fix the vSphere 5 licensing mess.
5. Still no takers? Shamus McGillicuddy on recent ads, Take my company, please: Brocade, Alcatel-Lucent seeking exits.
6. Christina Torode takes a peek at the future and declares, IT organization of the future is hybrid.
7. Ed Tittel tries to calm everyone down with this post: Auto-update for KB2310138 Spreads Consternation for MSE Users.
8. After attending a New England VMware User Group meeting, Colin Steele wonders if Oracle database virtualization is losing its stigma. What do you database admins out there think?
9. The virtualization is coming! Colin Steele alerts us: Netflix streaming, VMware licensing and the end of the world as we know it.
10. Did you know Mr. Denny is a party planner on the side? PASS is a coming, time to start thinking about your party plans.