The virtualization theme isn’t quite so prominent in this week’s IT Blog Top 10, making room for cloud outages that didn’t rock the world, storage issues galore, and the future of IT organization. Check it out and share your favorites in the comments section!
1. Ron Miller celebrates the silence: Amazon, Microsoft data centers go down without much fanfare.
2. Who says VMworld is all virtualization all the time? Not Colin Steele: Killers to play VMworld 2011 party.
4. Sharon Fisher has a question for you: How would you move 30 petabytes of data?
5. Get excited, but not too excited: SCOM 2012 beta, improved but not revolutionary.
6. More purchases in the storage industry: Fusion-io picks up SSD caching startup IO Turbine.
7. Christina Torode thinks we’ll figure it out eventually: IT organization of the future is a hybrid.
8. It’s time for the madness to stop. Eric Siebert arrived just in time with how VMware can fix the vSphere 5 licensing mess.
9. If you keep up with This American Life on NPR, you’ll know some background on Robin Miller’s cautionary tale: Beware of the Patent Trap, Software Entrepreneur.
10. Sharon Fisher takes you through her thought process when she decided, “I want a terabyte on my laptop.”