This week’s IT Blog Top 10 fits nicely into April’s storage virtualization theme with a plethora of posts about VMware. Enjoy browsing the blog posts that won the hearts and eyes of the community this past week.
1. Ron Miller takes a moment to look back and chronicle how, one year later, the iPad has changed everything.
2. Brace yourself for notification emails from companies affected by the U.S. Bank vendor Epsilon Interactive getting hacked.
3. Everyone’s talking about the download numbers of Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4, but Wendy Schuchart wants to know if the Firefox 4 and IE9 releases are wreaking havoc on your old apps.
4. Ron Miller warns IT shops to get ready, since enterprise-friendly cell phones continue to lose market share, signaling a shift in what employees are equipping themselves with.
5. April Fool’s Day may be over, but this video of VMware CTO Herrod interviewing Chewbacca is great year-round.
6. After his chat with Chewy, Herrod had more urgent business to tend to since VMware acquired Mozy from EMC.
7. Beth Pariseau helps clear up recent confusion as she discusses VMware’s response to VCDX certification concerns.
8. Robin Miller, one of our newest bloggers at Climbing the IT Ladder, offers advice for becoming a self-employed IT consultant.
9. Mike Laverick updates us on VMware’s master plan as OEMs plug in to vCenter and turn the volume to 11.
10. To finish off the list, Mark Fontecchio brings us news of yet another executive switch: James Gosling heads to Google.