TechTarget Contest Rules
Overview of TechTarget Contest Participation
1) The TechTarget Contest (“Contest”) is designed to reward ITKnowledgeExchange.com site (“ITKE”) members who ask or post responses to questions on ITKE (“Participants”).
2) The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Western Europe who are eighteen (18) years of age and older. Employees of TechTarget (“Sponsor”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, and child) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
Participation in the Contest
1) Participation in the Contest constitutes each Participants full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other rules, conditions, policies, or procedures that TechTarget may adopt from time to time. Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be prohibited from participating in the Contest. Only 1 (one) Participant per household may complete a Survey and qualify for a prize.
2) The prizes(s) offered for the Contest will be described in the Contest solicitation found in one or more of (i) the email invitation to participate in the Contest or (ii) a promotion of the Survey displayed on www.ITKnowledgeExchange.com.
3) To participate, Participants asks or posts answers or discussions to questions posted by other ITKE members. Sponsor will determine, at its sole discretion, if a question, answer or discussion is valid. The Participant who posts the greatest number of valid questions, answers or discussions will win.
4) Participants must have provided Sponsor with a valid email account address upon registration. The e-mail account provided upon registration will be used by Sponsor to contact the Participant.
e) Within 30 days of completion of the Contest, Sponsor will send the winning Participant an email notification with either the prize or details for redeeming Participant’s prize. All email notifications will be sent to the email address provided by Participant at the time of Survey participation. Participant must claim his/her reward within thirty (30) days of Sponsor having sent the email notification. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen.
5) Prizes may not be transferred or assigned and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6) Participants are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, provincial, and local taxes associated with receiving prizes as a result of their participation in the Contest. Participants are also responsible for any applicable telephone or Internet access fees that they incur while participating in the Contest.
7) The 1st place winner is not eligible for the next 2 contests.
Modifications and Termination of Contest
1) Sponsor may modify any of the Terms and Conditions governing the Contest including, but not limited to, the methods by which rewards may be earned, the value of prizes offered, the identity of the vendors providing prizes, and conditions under which prizes may be forfeited at any time, with or without notice. If Sponsor does provide notice of changes, it may do so by email, regular mail, or by general posting on the Sponsors website.
General Terms and Conditions
2) All information submitted in connection with the Contest and all resulting data becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor.
3) In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, computer virus attacks, or other technical problems, the Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right in it’s sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4) The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Limitation of Liability
1) Except where prohibited, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of a participant’s participation in the Contest, even if any or all of the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore such exclusions may not apply to each Participant. By participating in the Contest, a Participant waives any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition, or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
2) Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, Participants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Commonwealth of Massachusetts. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
Disclaimer of Warranties
1) Participant expressly agrees to accept any award at his/her own risk.
2) The Sponsor disclaims any and all express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for those guarantees, warranties and representations, if any, offered by the Sponsor’s partners, vendors, suppliers of rewards, or suppliers of services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by Participant from the Sponsor through this Contest shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Intellectual Property Rights
1) All rights to any trademarks, logos, phrases, titles, or other content used in connection with the Contest (“Sponsor’s Intellectual Property”), unless otherwise stated, are the exclusive property of the Sponsor. Participant may not sell, license, rent, copy, distribute, alter, display, or transmit any of Sponsor’s Intellectual Property.
2) All trademarks and copyrights appearing in connection with the Contest are the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise stated, third parties whose intellectual property appears in connection with the Contest are not affiliated with the Sponsor.