We would like to thank all of our IT Knowledge Exchange members for their hard work on the site this year by offering the opportunity to “cash out” on their total Knowledge Points earned. Every 1,000 Knowledge Points earned through December 15th, 2009 is eligible for a $10 Amazon gift card.
Remember: You don’t just have to answer questions to earn Knowledge Points! Submitting good questions and thoughtful discussion points can also bump up your Knowledge Points total just as well. Remember your Knowledge Points earned are:
- 5 points for asking a question
- 10 points for discussing
- 15 points for answering
Not sure where to start? Visit this blog post with links to all unanswered questions.
- All members with a cumulative 1,000 Knowledge Points or more on the date of their cashout are eligible.
- Participating members must e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of business on December 15th in order to qualify for the cashout. In order for us to correctly process the e-mail, you must include your handle.
- Cashout period runs from today, October 14th, through the end of business on December 15th. We will award gift cards to eligible members based on their total accumulated Knowledge Point values at the time of their e-mail. This means you can e-mail us today to redeem your points, or wait and earn additional Knowledge Points through December 15th.
- Only members in Amazon-eligible locations can participate.
- We cannot “round up” — if you e-mail us and your Knowledge Points currently stand at 4,995, we can only award you for the 4,000. Keep this in mind as you plan your time to redeem!
- All participants will be reviewed for post relevancy. “Gaming the system” by posting irrelevant comments will be seen by our admins, and you will be disqualified from redeeming.
- Each participating member may only e-mail us once — we cannot award additional gift cards for participation after the member has chosen to redeem his points.
Your moderators at IT Knowledge Exchange are very excited to launch this giveaway — we look forward to hearing from you!