1. Issues with multiple DBs on one SQL Server instance? asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny and Aguacer0.
2. Which task does the backup server do? asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
3. Sharing a network connection between SUSE and Windows desktops asked by a SearchLinux expert and Carlosdl with a variety of other members weighing in.
4. Choosing between failover options asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
5. SQL Server user name issue asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny.
1. Cloud computing risks, challenges by SearchSecurity.com Staff for Security Wire Weekly.
2. Beyond Facebook and Twitter: SAP vs. Oracle on social media by Matt Perkins for SAP Watch.
3. How to install Visual Studio 2008 by Brian Eastwood for .NET Developments.
4. Latest Koobface Facebook campaign attracts users with erotic encounters by Robert Westervelt for Security Bytes.
5. What are IP Pools and vApps? by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro.
6. What’s the deal with the Cisco ASA firewall shortage? by Rivka Gewirtz Little for the Network Hub.
7. Compellent hits a bump in the road by Dave Raffo for Storage Soup.
8. First look at Windows 2008 R2 SP1 puts emphasis on virtualization by Brendan Cournoyer for The Windows Server Notebook
9. Looking for Some Good (and FREE!) IT Policy Templates? by Arian Eigen Heald for Sister CISA CISSP.
10. Oracle and Sun: Read the fine print by Barney Beal for Eye on Oracle.
1. DB mirroring with SQL Server 2005: Standard vs. Enterprise, asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny.
2. DR/HA questions with SQL Server design, asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny.
3. Is it possible for Active Directory Adminsitrative Center to be extended?, asked via e-mail and answered by JimmyIT.
4. Look up values, asked by Aguet001 and answered by Carlosdl.
5. Issues with multiple DBs on one SQL Server instance? asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny and Aguacer0.
We just gave away one sweet prize to ssorr0yk, an HP EliteBook 8440w. And this June we’re doing it again in our Intel Open Port IT Scavenger Hunt.
- Grand Prize: Dell Precision T7500 Tower Workstation Desktop Computer with the Quad Core Intel Xeon Processor
- First Runner Up: $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
- Second Runner Up: $50 Amazon.com Gift Card
- Third Runner Up: $25 Amazon.com Gift Card
The Intel Open Port IT Community is a key online resource for IT professionals seeking advice at all stages of the IT decision-making process. From topics like server virtualization to remote management of notebook and desktop PC’s using Intel XEON technology, Open Port offers a network to gain access, share ideas and discuss the most relevant topics with leaders of the IT community. Learn more
IT Knowledge Exchange members earn 200 Knowledge Points for entering and will receive an IT Knowledge Exchange Sticker. See IT Knowledge Exchange’s general contest rules for more details.
1. Symantec starts FY 2011 with layoffs from Channel Marker by Barbara Darrow
2. Symantec confirms “some downsizing” in Utah –*Updated* from Storage Soup by Beth Pariseau
3. How NOT to Fight Spam from Security Corner by Ken Harthun
4. Twelve essential Steps of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) from Quality Assurance and Project Management by Jaideep
Our next contest starts today April 6th and runs until midnight EST on May 17th. Here are the specifics: We are giving away 2 iPads. 1st place receives a 32GB version and people who finish in 2-10th will be put in a drawing to receive a 32GB version.
How can you win or qualify?
All you need to do to win is collect the most knowledge points between the dates listed above. To earn knowledge points you can Ask questions, Answer questions, discuss questions, getting your answer selected as an accepted answer and approving answers.
Keep in mind that we will be reviewing all activities and deducting knowledge points to any posts that do not add value or help the member asking the question.
So let the fun begin. Post any Enterprise IT questions you have and answer unanswered questions that exist on the site: Error messages you are receiving, product selection advice needed and anything else. Also spread the word and have your friends post questions that you may have the answer to.
We will be having special ways you can earn additional knowledge points so sign up for our twitter feed @ITKE to get the announcements.
Any questions? Email me at sbrooks @ techtarget.com
If Apple can ship an iPad to you then you are eligible for this contest.
It was a tight race, but 4 members came out on top:
GRAND PRIZE WINNER ssorr0yk: HP EliteBook 8440w with 2010 Core vPro processor
FIRST RUNNER UP nnf97: $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
SECOND RUNNER UP Resinator: $50 Amazon.com Gift Card
THIRD RUNNER UP LowTec: $25 Amazon.com Gift Card
On behalf of Intel and IT Knowledge Exhcange, thank you to everyone who participated and look out for the next Scavenger Hunt coming soon…..
1. Using RAID 5 with 3-18.2 GB Harddrives, what disk space is available?, which was asked by BamaNo1 and answered by MrDenny and MikeZ.
2. Wireless Routers with Static DHCP settings?, which was asked via e-mail and answered by Yeahboy.
3. Security of MAC-based wireless access permissions, which was asked by a reader and answered by Greglynn.
4. Date calculation incorrect in SQL when +1 month entered, which was asked by JohnsonMumbai and answered by TomLiotta.
5. Detecting WireShark and other sniffers in your wireless network?, which was asked via e-mail and answered by Labnuke99. Continued »
1. “Father of Java” James Gosling on Oracle-Sun by Mike Pontacoloni for Storage Soup
2. 10 Skills to make a perfect Project Manager by Jaideep on Quality Assurance and Project Management
3. Microsoft OCS 2010 Will Eliminate PBXby Tony Bradley for Unified Communications: Click To Talk
4. The Value of the VCP (VMware Certified Professional) by Joseph Foran for SearchServerVirtualization Blog
5. FISMA overhaul under way by Michael Mimoso for Security Bytes
6. Three ways to kill a frozen vSphere ESXi host virtual machine by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro
7. Using USB device filters with Sun xVM VirtualBox by Rick Vanover for SearchServerVirtualization Blog
8. Master’s guide to VMware Fault Tolerance by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro
9. Sources: Symantec dumping Veritas file system development team by Beth Pariseau for Storage Soup
10. How to configure DHCP Snooping in a Cisco Catalyst Switches. by Yasir Irfan for Network technologies and Trends
Here are the most-watched questions on IT Knowledge Exchange this week:
1. IPV6 CIDR notation, asked via e-mail and answered by Labnuke99
2. SQL Table Layout, asked by Philsal and answered by Meandyou and Carlosdl.
3. Active Directory Domain Services offline domain, asked via e-mail and answerd by Dchat
4. create a procedure, asked by Shwetamishra and answered by Carlosdl and Rainsley
5. database querying question SQLite, asked by Kreyszig and answered by Carlosdl.