1. Dot Net SQL Connection Time Out Problem, asked by KonguKarna and answered by MrDenny
2. Inter-site replication generation, asked by WindowsServerATE and answered by MrDenny
3. Database for OLTP, asked by Akansha and answered by MrDenny and CarlosDL
4. Best way to prepare for an IT conference? asked by Michael Morisy and answered by MrDenny
5. How many snapshots can be created on a VD (Virtual Disk)? asked by Enhancetech and answered by MrDenny, CarlosDL, and Chippy088. Continued »
1. How to Clear Cached Credentials on a Windows by Michael Khanin for Network Administrator Knowledgebase
2. Gartner’s take on emerging business intelligence technology by Christina Torode for TotalCIO
3. Master’s guide to VMware Fault Tolerance by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro
4. Who’s taking ERP market share from SAP, Oracle? by Courtney Bjorlin
5. Overheard: You have a dominant hand, dominant eye and even a dominant foot. Why not a dominant side of the brain? by Margaret Rouse for Overheard in the Tech Blogosphere Continued »
1. 16 node failover clustering in SQL Server 2008, asked by Akansha and answered by Mrdenny.
2. When will IPv4 addresses really run out?, asked by a SearchEnterpriseWAN reader and answered by MrDenny, JoeyBaker, SilviaHagen and TomLiotta.
3. FDA Regulatory Requirements for data center, asked by Eduzo and answered by MrDenny and KevinBeaver.
4. Is there any danger? asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
5. ngen.exe – Application Error – The application failed to inititalize properly (0xc0000005). asked by Dani0710 and answered by CarlosDL. Continued »
1. Importing VMDK disk files into Sun xVM VirtualBox by Rick Vanover for SearchServerVirtualization Blog
2. Twelve essential Steps of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) by Jaideep for Quality Assurance and Project Management.
3. OWASP Top 10 List revised by Robert Westervelt for Security Wire Weekly.
4. How to Clear Cached Credentials on a Windows by Michael Khanin for Network Administrator Knowledgebase.
5. How to configure DTC on Windows 2008 by MrDenny on SQL Server with Mr. Denny.
Ok, so we’re going to make you work a little bit for them, but not too hard, I promise.
All you need to do to get a free copy of one of the below books is:
- Ask and/or Answer three (3) quality questions tagged “Networking in 2010″. Here, I’ll even give you a link to the current questions. If you’re answering, the questions should be unanswered.
- Agree to do a review to be featured on the Bookworm Blog.
The current contenders in the race for the iPad are:
If your name is not on the list now, don’t worry, you have until May 17th to keep answering and asking questions for points. The more you contribute, the more points you get and the more opportunity you have to win.
IT Knowledge Exchange members have asked hundreds of project management questions over the years, so when Ty Kiisel of the @task blog suggested I take a look at what he and his cohorts had to say on the subject I had a good feeling. Ty didn’t let me down.
A self-described “accidental project manager” (aren’t we all?), Ty has offered advice on improving team efficiency, the danger of silos and much, much more, illustrated with great examples and amusing anecdotes. It’s definitely one of the more readable project management blogs out there, and it might provide some quality food for thought if you find yourself as an accidental project manager.
Even better, Ty’s agreed to write a guest post for the Enterprise IT Watch Blog, so keep your eyes out for his thoughts on how to deal with complaining departments that always want your valuable resources devoted to them – no matter what it might cost the rest of the company.
1. Issues with multiple DBs on one SQL Server instance? asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny and Aguacer0.
2. Which task does the backup server do? asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
3. Sharing a network connection between SUSE and Windows desktops asked by a SearchLinux expert and Carlosdl with a variety of other members weighing in.
4. Choosing between failover options asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
5. SQL Server user name issue asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny.
1. Cloud computing risks, challenges by SearchSecurity.com Staff for Security Wire Weekly.
2. Beyond Facebook and Twitter: SAP vs. Oracle on social media by Matt Perkins for SAP Watch.
3. How to install Visual Studio 2008 by Brian Eastwood for .NET Developments.
4. Latest Koobface Facebook campaign attracts users with erotic encounters by Robert Westervelt for Security Bytes.
5. What are IP Pools and vApps? by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro.
6. What’s the deal with the Cisco ASA firewall shortage? by Rivka Gewirtz Little for the Network Hub.
7. Compellent hits a bump in the road by Dave Raffo for Storage Soup.
8. First look at Windows 2008 R2 SP1 puts emphasis on virtualization by Brendan Cournoyer for The Windows Server Notebook
9. Looking for Some Good (and FREE!) IT Policy Templates? by Arian Eigen Heald for Sister CISA CISSP.
10. Oracle and Sun: Read the fine print by Barney Beal for Eye on Oracle.
1. DB mirroring with SQL Server 2005: Standard vs. Enterprise, asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny.
2. DR/HA questions with SQL Server design, asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny.
3. Is it possible for Active Directory Adminsitrative Center to be extended?, asked via e-mail and answered by JimmyIT.
4. Look up values, asked by Aguet001 and answered by Carlosdl.
5. Issues with multiple DBs on one SQL Server instance? asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny and Aguacer0.