Whether you want to catch up on the latest in IT news or you want information on Oracle vs. Google and EMC’s latest developments, we’ve got just what you need in this week’s IT Blog Top 10.
1. Nathan the IT Guy announces the Transformer Pad Infinity will be ready to ship the week of June 15th.
2. Jack Vaughan reports on the latest details surrounding Oracle’s case against Google.
3. Robin Miller talks to Chris Mader, managing director at Randstad Technologies, about its report that IT workers’ confidence is at an all-time high.
4. Ben Rubenstein brings us the latest announcements about Microsoft’s products including the Deployment Toolkit 2012, Windows Intune and Windows 8 SKUs.
Once again, news and views on tablets take top sports as ITKnowledgeExchange bloggers share Google’s latest plans, Asus’ latest gadget and HP’s plunge into the cloud.
1. Ron Miller tries to understand why Google is attempting to sell branded tablets online after its failed phone strategy.
2. Nathan the IT Guy continues his updates on the Transformer Pad Infinity release date.
4. The Head in the Clouds blog reports on OpDemand’s integration with GitHub and Puppet Labs.
Do any of this week’s most-watched IT questions help you with any of your latest problems? Come check them out!
1. Rechil and Harisheldon1960 explain to Pst25 how many times you can reinstall Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010.
2. The trio of TomLiotta, WoodEngineer and CoderHal help Pt0505 code a RPGLE program.
3. CharlieBrown, Philpl1jb and Carlosdl discuss the ‘BLANKS’ code in a SQL statement.
4. Several community members come together as they try to solve BDLmichael’s problem solving a iSeries command error.
5. CharlieBrown, TomLiotta, and Philpl1jb work together to create an AS/400 printer file with too many records.
6. Are you a XML expert? Come share your knowledge as Sinha20 needs help comparing multiple element values.
7. CharlieBrown and TomLiotta give details on how to get a caller program list.
8. Harisheldon1960 and Rechil come to Pathway71’s rescue by helping create my Window Vista desktop into a file server.
9. Philpl1jb and BigKat have fun discussing how to achieve FULL OUTER JOIN on three files in a SQLRPGLE program.
10. CharlieBrown solves Islander74’s problem about printing libraries from the Operations Navigator in IBM iSeries 6.1.
For the third consecutive week, the Transformer Prime Infinity release date reigns supreme in this week’s IT Blog Top 10!
1. Nathan Simon gives updated reports on when the Transformer Prime Infinity pad will be released.
2. Jack Vaughan explains the concept of Node.js and why it’s become an important model for companies such as Linkedin, Yahoo and eBay.
3. Ron Miller suggests Nokia can’t win fighting the iPhone and go after the Android market.
4. Marcia Savage reports TIBCO Software reached an agreement to buy SIEM vendor LogLogic.
This week’s IT Blog Top 10 highlights the most popular blog posts from the ITKnowledgeExchange community from the past week. From Windows 8 and SQL performance need-to-knows to mobile security and Duqu Trojan news, find out what’s been trending with your IT peers.
1. Nathan the IT guy updates the status of the Transformer Prime Infinity release date.
2. Want to know how HP ended the once promising hopes for Palm? Ed Hardy explains the story.
3. Robert Westervelt reveals NSA’s report on mobile security and its effect on security technology.
4. Mobile security is in the news once again as Jane Wright unveils OWSAP’s top 10 mobile risks list.
5. Do you have SQL performance problems? Mr. Denny discusses the procedure to solve it.
Whether you want to show off your Oracle expertise or simply have some handy tricks for the command line, there’s plenty of ways to participate in the community. Here are the most-watched questions in the IT forums over the past week. Have a tricky IT question of your own? Ask our expert community now!
1. The team of CharlieBrowne, TomLiotta and WoodEngineer help Qmaster create a command which would trigger a program.
2. TomLiotta, CharlieBrowne and Philpl1jb are trying to solve 9783444184’s problem of retrieving a list of message files in a subfile.
3. Cursorposition and Splat explain how to update files using different CL programs.
4. TomLiotta saves the day again as he helps Qmaster restore a file from a backup tape to IFS directory.
Are you craving news about the Transformer tablet or the NSA’s new mobile security plan? We’ve got you covered in this week’s IT Blog Top 10!
1. Nathan the IT guy brings us up to date on when the Transformer Prime Infinity Pad will be released.
2. Ed Hardy explains the details of how HP ended the once promising and successful company Palm Inc.
3. Robert Westervelt reports from the 2012 RSA Conference and talks about the issues regarding the NSA’s new mobile security plan.
4. Westervelt again: OWASP working on a top 10 mobile risk list.
5. Mr. Denny helps IT members explaining procedures from SQL performance problems.
Take a look at the top 10 most-watched IT questions from the past week!
1. Pdsathiskum, Philpl1jb, TomLiotta try to solve the error when updating the PF using a RPGLE program.
2. TomLiotta and Philpl1jb explain how to use a query to find the 10th highest salary in a file.
3. TomLiotta helps NYRANGER configure his Printek 4503 to the iSeries.
4. MrGeorge needs help to store and retrieve data in UTF-8 on SQL Server 2005.
Don’t forget to join the Red Hat Virtualization team on February 23rd from 11am-2pm to chat about important issues ranging from the protection of your virtual machines to migrating your virtual workloads.
Red Hat experts will discuss the benefits of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and its mix of enterprise features. Register Today!
Join us for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 Live Chat on February 23rd, 2012 11am-2pm (Sponsored)
Would you like to know more about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization? Join the Red Hat Virtualization team on February 23rd, from 11am to 2pm to chat about important issues ranging from the protection of your virtual machines or migrating your virtual workloads.
Key takeaways include benefits of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, getting great performance for Microsoft Windows and Linux and tuning your virtualization strategy to be enterprise-ready. Register today!