Virtualization has been a hot topic across the IT industry since 2005 and continues to make major strides in three areas: networks, storage and servers. Each year, companies such as VMware and Microsoft release new products and features pertaining to virtualization.
What does the future hold? SearchServerVirtualization.com’s Advisory Board recently presented its virtualization predictions for 2013. Tell us if you agree with their predictions in the comments below. The links below will help shed some light on industry trends.
Here are some of the most active conversations on ITKnowledgeExchange.com on virtualization topics:
View all virtualization discussions in the community.
Several ITKE bloggers have also given their insight on virtualization:
- What is virtualization? by Eric Siebert (Virtualization Pro)
Eric Siebert goes in-depth on the true definition of virtualization and tries to explain its meaning to first-time users.
- Visualizing a virtualization project by Eric Siebert (Virtualization Pro)
When making the case for a virtualization project, visual aids can be a key feature as they allow users to fully understand the project and its benefits.
- Virtualization in General by Nathan Simon (The Real and (Virtual) Adventures of Nathan the IT Guy
Need a quick primer? Nathan features a video that explains virtualization in less than 3 minutes.
- Virtualization and the Singularity by Joe Foran (The Virtualization Room)
As virtualization continues to evolve, Joe Foran asks several important questions. What role will it play in the unfolding technological evolution of our society?
- Virtualization: Changing the OS game, or not? by Ryan Shopp (The Virtualization Room)
Two different opinions emerged between Linux Developer Linus Torvalds and Teneja Group’s Senior Analyst Jeff Byrne over virtualization changing the OS market.
For regular coverage of the industry from TechTarget staff, be sure to bookmark The Virtualization Room blog.