2. Gartner’s take on emerging business intelligence technology by Christina Torode for TotalCIO
3. Master’s guide to VMware Fault Tolerance by Eric Siebert for Virtualization Pro
4. Who’s taking ERP market share from SAP, Oracle? by Courtney Bjorlin
5. Overheard: You have a dominant hand, dominant eye and even a dominant foot. Why not a dominant side of the brain? by Margaret Rouse for Overheard in the Tech Blogosphere
6. 201 CMR 17 FAQ: Updates to Massachusetts data protection law by Alex Howard for IT Compliance Advisor
7. SAS70 Checklist: How to Prepare for a SAS70 Audit by Charles Denyer for Regulatory Compliance, Governance and Security
8. Shocker! Cisco leads the pack in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for enterprise LAN by Shamus McGillicuddy for Network Hub
9. SAS vs SATA: SATA on the ropes. by Tory Skyers for Storage Soup
10. With PPM software, don’t always throw in the kitchen sink by Kristen Caretta for CIO Symmetry]]>
2. When will IPv4 addresses really run out?, asked by a SearchEnterpriseWAN reader and answered by MrDenny, JoeyBaker, SilviaHagen and TomLiotta.
3. FDA Regulatory Requirements for data center, asked by Eduzo and answered by MrDenny and KevinBeaver.
4. Is there any danger? asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
5. ngen.exe – Application Error – The application failed to inititalize properly (0xc0000005). asked by Dani0710 and answered by CarlosDL.
6. Implement SQL Service Broker with SP asked by SQLHELP and answered by MrDenny.
7. Database for OLTP asked by Akansha and answered by MrDenny and CarlosDL.
8. SQL 2005 Security to access 2 databases on same server via Stored Procedure asked by A000016 and answered by MrDenny.
9. ping server resolves different address windows server 2003, asked by Elmerrevs and answered by a host of members.
10. Best way to prepare for an IT conference? asked by Michael Morisy and answered by MrDenny.]]>
2. Twelve essential Steps of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) by Jaideep for Quality Assurance and Project Management.
3. OWASP Top 10 List revised by Robert Westervelt for Security Wire Weekly.
4. How to Clear Cached Credentials on a Windows by Michael Khanin for Network Administrator Knowledgebase.
5. How to configure DTC on Windows 2008 by MrDenny on SQL Server with Mr. Denny.
6. SAP certification: not worth much? by SearchSAP Staff for SAP Watch
7. Microsoft plots SQL Server 2010 by Barbara Darrow for Channel Marker
8. Mitel preps IPO: What does it mean to you? by Shamus McGillicuddy for Unified Communications Nation.
9. 201 CMR 17 FAQ: Updates to Massachusetts data protection law by Alexander Howard for IT Compliance Advisor
10. Shocker! Cisco leads the pack in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for enterprise LAN by Shamus McGillicuddy for The Network Hub]]>
Ok, so we’re going to make you work a little bit for them, but not too hard, I promise.
All you need to do to get a free copy of one of the below books is:
If your name is not on the list now, don’t worry, you have until May 17th to keep answering and asking questions for points. The more you contribute, the more points you get and the more opportunity you have to win.]]>
A self-described “accidental project manager” (aren’t we all?), Ty has offered advice on improving team efficiency, the danger of silos and much, much more, illustrated with great examples and amusing anecdotes. It’s definitely one of the more readable project management blogs out there, and it might provide some quality food for thought if you find yourself as an accidental project manager.
Even better, Ty’s agreed to write a guest post for the Enterprise IT Watch Blog, so keep your eyes out for his thoughts on how to deal with complaining departments that always want your valuable resources devoted to them – no matter what it might cost the rest of the company.]]>
2. Which task does the backup server do? asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
3. Sharing a network connection between SUSE and Windows desktops asked by a SearchLinux expert and Carlosdl with a variety of other members weighing in.
4. Choosing between failover options asked by Jim4522 and answered by MrDenny.
5. SQL Server user name issue asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny.
6. Replicating a partitioned table to a secondary server asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny.
7. Retrieving data tables without backup SQL asked by a SQL Server reader and answered by MrDenny.
8. Bulk update query using sql server asked by Pramoda and answered by MrDenny.
9. Exchange server 2003 to Exchange server 2010 migration question asked by a reader via e-mail and answered by Aguacer0.
10. Windows server 2008 R2 and windows server 2003 domain controller co existence asked by a reader via e-mail and answered by Aguacer0.]]>
2. DR/HA questions with SQL Server design, asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny.
3. Is it possible for Active Directory Adminsitrative Center to be extended?, asked via e-mail and answered by JimmyIT.
4. Look up values, asked by Aguet001 and answered by Carlosdl.
5. Issues with multiple DBs on one SQL Server instance? asked by SQL Server Ask the Experts and answered by MrDenny and Aguacer0.
6. Which task does the backup server do? asked by Jim4522 and answered MrDenny.
7. San Mount Volume Changed HELP!!! asked by GMB863 and answered by MrDenny.
8. Sharing a network connection between SUSE and Windows desktops, asked by Linux – Ask the Expert and answered by CarlosDL.
9. Global variables in oracle libraries, asked by Jurisprudence1000 and answered by CarlosDL.
10. Objects explorator FILTER doesn’t work, SQL Server Management Studio, asked by Poussines and answered by MrDenny.]]>
The Intel Open Port IT Community is a key online resource for IT professionals seeking advice at all stages of the IT decision-making process. From topics like server virtualization to remote management of notebook and desktop PC’s using Intel XEON technology, Open Port offers a network to gain access, share ideas and discuss the most relevant topics with leaders of the IT community. Learn more
IT Knowledge Exchange members earn 200 Knowledge Points for entering and will receive an IT Knowledge Exchange Sticker. See IT Knowledge Exchange’s general contest rules for more details.]]>