You might want to try these steps:
1 – Start the computer and press F8. Select Safe Mode.
2) Type “cmd” in Start menu, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run it as administrator
3) Type “net stop winmgmt” and press Enter to ensure WindowsManagementInstrumentation (WMI) service isn’t running.
4) Open a Windows Explorer and locate the path to C:\ windows\system32\WBEM\ folder. Rename the Repository folder to something different (Repository-OLD)
5) Reboot and let it take the normal boot process.
6) In the start menu type “cmd” and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run it as administrator
7) Type “net stop winmgmt” and press enter to stop the WMI service.
8) Type “winmgmt /resetRepository” (without quotes) and restart the computer.