I have a rather vague problem.
Sometimes, seemingly at random, certain websites become unreachable.
Big sites, like Spotify and Facebook spring to mind.
When i restart the DNS server on the Domainconoller they "come back up". Or, more accurately put are resolved correctly.
What could be the problem? I went searching for this on Technet and Microsoft suggest problems with the root servers, and fair enough 2 entries where different to what the tech net page suggested they should be.
Editing the records however does not seem to solve the problem.
I am by no means an untold expert when it come to troubleshooting DNS so i'm hoping for some helpful hits in the directions i should be looking.
Software/Hardware used: HP Proliant DL380 G4, Windows Server 2003
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!