On windows 2003 With R2 Service Pack 2, we have a problem with the
- On All servers, In System Properties, there is no system restore Tab
- In Disk Cleanup/More options, System restore is Greyed out
- Some servers are consuming disk space on a daily basis in the
"System Volume information" folder. These files cannot be deleted
manually, get "file in use"
Thinking that we need to enable system restore in order to access the
cleanup functionality, The following has been done:
- There was a group policy on the domain to disable system restore,
These settings have been reversed.
- The policy has been deleted
- Group Policy modelling used to confirm settings applied
- GPresult used on servers used to confirm that settings applied
- Deleted Registry settings for System restore
- Restarted Windows
- Review Event logs for errors
- Install new server and join to domain, without antivirus or any
I am finding a lot of references to system restore on Windows XP, but
not much about Server
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!