I have managed to eliminate this problem.
I will let you know what helped me just in case this might help anyone else.
I might have this wrong but this is what I did:
symptoms: client machines looses connection to the server intermittently
cause: dns records on the server machine are messed up. I suspect that the dns records of the server is not right because the server installation was done on another network and saved that config (ip 192.168.10.23)
resolution: change all the client machines primary dns server to the server ip (192.168.0.100) and on the server go to computer management, services, dns…there I found all the records to show that mydomain.com is linked to 192.168.10.23 and manually changed them all to 192.168.0.100.
extra info: before I changed these settings all the client pc’s had errors in the eventvwr stating that domain could not be contacted…but they were all intermittent. When pinging the domain fromt he clients the wrong ip adddress came up. after the fix both these issues was resolved and the clients no longer lost connections throughout the day.
something to remember: always setup servers on site and on the right network ip from the start.