Assuming the network connection at the hotel or airport is working (a lot of times that is the root of the problem), Try these steps:
1. Make sure the wireless local area connection is enabled.
2. Check that the wireless reciever is turned on. Sometimes this is overlooked.
3. Make sure you have a working IP. Release and renew the IP to make sure.
a. Open command prompt
b. Type: ipconfig /release
c. Type: ipconfig /renew
4. Do a ping test
a. In the command prompt, ping the gateway IP address in the previous step
b. Type: ping IP_ADDRESS. where IP_ADDRESS is the gateway IP address.
5. If you can ping to the gateway, you have a good connection to the internal network. Try pinging to a website. Type: ping www.google.com
6. Try surfing the web with Internet Explorer
7. If you can’t surf the web, you’ve just narrowed it down to the Internet explorer settings.
8. Make sure you don’t have any proxy settings or dial up connections configured
a. In Tools -> Internet Options, click on the Connections tab.
b. Select never use a dial up connection.
c. Click on the lan settings button
d. Make sure the lower half concerning proxies is not checked.
9. If you still can’t access the internet, use another web browser or go to Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (no Addons).
If you run into any problems let us know.