You can do this, but there are numerous dependencies. Bottom line is, it isn't a trivial project. You need to know
- Existing scanner
- Existing scanner software
- version of windows.
- version of office.
- how many existing documents/pages need to be scanned
- how many documents/pages will be scanned per day
- how often are the documents reviewed
- how many people need to access the documents
- what document format should be used in your environment
If by doc file you mean a .doc as in Word, you will need OCR software.
Just to get documents scanned, you may not need a VB program.
It is vital that you carefully design your acquisition process to ensure that everything is scanned, readable, and retrievable.
You need to outline what you want to accomplish, determine what software you have to work with, then investigate whether additional software will help you get the job done. I strongly recommend that you hire a consultant familiar with records management.
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: December 19, 2004 8:17 pm by Shasta880 pts.