OK – I don’t mind sounding really stupid, at least someone smarter will jump in to answer the question.
They all can! The only restrictions are
1. use access to the library
2. read access to the file
3. authority to login from a remote session.
I think you should put this out as a new question…
Proper object authority is the correct answer, as already noted. Until that can be done:
1. iSeries Navigator
2. Right-click the Connection
3. Select Application Administration
4. Goto Client Applications tab
5. Expand iAccess for Windows
6. Expand Data Transfer
7. Expand Download from system
(Expand if needed, that is.)
If you’re concerned about .DTF functions, then review and possibly [Customize] authority settings for [Use of RTOPCB].
You can set authority for everyone in one click, for groups or for individuals, regardless of what PC might be involved. If you aren’t willing to do it so easily, then create custom programming to do it. See green-screen WRKFCNUSG command; search for function QIBM_XE1_DOWNLD_RTOPCB. Note that option 2=Change invokes command CHGFCNUSG. Start programming.