I am a young student of SAP and I am doing a market research to know what tools can I use to make my firm's SAP decommissioning successful.
We are migrating the active data to another system but we want to keep the old data in another place and don't migrate the semi-active data (useful to some reports or legal querys) to the new one.
From what I have learned, I have got a couple of doubts. If you could assist me by providing an opinion of my thoughts it would be great:
1. Archive development kit - Framework used to archive business objects.
2. Archive link - Protocol that allows to link objects to an internal or external content server(do deposit the archives) and let's you view that data either through SAP Gui or other viewer.
3. SAP Net weaver - Platform that can be used to execute the process of document archivement.
4. I can store my archives internally and view them through Archive link or move it to an external Content server and view it through open text(per example).
5. Are there any tools/protocols/platforms that I should be aware?
Thank you very much!
March 21, 2013 9:40 AM
March 21, 2013 12:13 PM