Please consider the followings:
1. First make sure both machines are members of the same Workgroup which by default is named Workgroup or u may change....
2. On the Windows 7 machine go into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center then click on Change advanced sharing settings.
3. Verify the following settings under Advanced Sharing Settings for the Home or Work and Public profile.
4. If you want any user to have access the public shares turn off password protection. This is located in Advanced Sharing Settings toward the bottom of the list.
5. If you want to keep it enabled make sure there is a log in account for the other XP and they have a password.
6. Now if you go into Network in Windows 7 you should see your XP machine and the Windows 7
7. To find the shared folders double click on the Windows 7's icon under Network.
8. Now move to your XP, open up My Network Places to find the Windows 7 shared folder.
9.Double click on the Share folder to find a list of shared folders in the Public folder on Windows 7. If you have password protection enabled you will need to type in the username and password of the user account on the Windows 7.
Hope u may get help from this info !
There are several factors you have to consider in sharing your files on the network using different OS versions. However, the only thing you have to consider most is the proper network sharing configuration of the computer and make sure that each has administrative and access settings.
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: November 2, 2011 8:32 am by Subhendu Sen22,035 pts.