Small Company - 10 users at each Site.
Site A and Site B have no active directory relationship. (Seperate forests)
Site A has two NT4 Servers (PDC and BDC) and a 2003 Server connected to the domain. No internal DNS at Site A.
Site B has two 2003 Servers as Domain Controller and DNS.
Site A - I Would like to make the 2003 server the new DC and install DNS on it and have Site B's two 2003 servers replicate to it.
Questions: (Please correct anything wrong or give feedback as to how to..)
Can I install the DNS role on Site A - 2003 server and point the two NT4 servers to it?
What is the best approach to setup the new 2003 server as a DC at site A?
...The following applies to setting up the new DC on the 2003 server at Site A...
- Do I need to disconnect the 2003 server from the NT4 domain first and create new domain?
- Run DCPROMO and since I want to replicate it from Site B, create it as a new domain in same forest as Site B?
- How do I see AD forest information in a Heirachy layout for each site?
- Run ADMT and copy user and computer objects from NT4 Server? There are only about 15 user accounts.
- Join pcs to new domain?
- Will and I have to copy the local profiles on the pc to the new domain profile?
- Will setting up the new 2003 DC affect any pcs on the NT4 domain before I join them to the new domain? (all use Windows XP)
Once this is done, what is the best way to setup replication from Site B to the new Site A DC?
March 11, 2009 7:15 PM
March 30, 2009 8:19 PM