Not having any info other than what you posted makes it difficult to answer
1. Search the Cisco forums or DAGS for “Cisco VPN” and you will come across
the most typical causes.
2. Version 4.8 is stated not to work with Vista but yet, you will find
reports that some people have it up and running by inserting a line or two
in the config file and opening a couple of ports on their local router.
3. Ver 5.0 is the one that supposedly supports Vista but…. it does not
contain the firewall code. So if you use v5.0 and the server enforces that
the firewall be used – you aren’t going anywhere. Cisco states that their
vendor isn’t supplying the firewall code anymore so Cisco is simply not
going to offer it.
4. By doing the search above you may come across a modification that works
for you but it appears to be a 50/50 shot.
Some more information:
Error 440: Driver Failure
Usually related to Deterministic Network Enhancer
DNE suggestion – you can manually add the service to the local area connection.
Control Panel – Network and Internet
- Open Network and Sharing Center
- Open Manage Network Connection
- Right click on the Local Area Connection
- Select Install
- Select Service
- Select Have Disk
- Select browse and browse to c:\program files\common\Deterministic Networks\DNE\dne2000
- Select Open