First of all you need a database on a Domino server where the code and a scheduled agent will reside.
(I would not use an email database as the design could to be replaced by Admin).
1. Create a script library (where all the code will reside), e.g. libAttach, with a sub, e.g. ProcessEmail.
2. Create an agent and schedule it to run on a daily basis (or whatever you want, e.g. every hour).
3. Under (Options) enter use “libAttach”, under Initialize enter call ProcessEmail.
4. Use an id with the proper authorisation to sign the agent (from now on you will not have to alter it anymore).
5. Modify the code in the script library to open the email database and get all documents in a standard view.
6. When each document has been processed, store a ‘flag’ to indicate that it has been processed,
e.g. a field name not used for anything else such as FlagAttachmentStored, so that they can be skipped next time
the agent runs.
An experienced developer could probably write the code in a couple of hours, it could take someone else several
days or even weeks.