What error are you getting?
That’s the only error?
– I would have expected an RNF7030 – which would have told you the field that was undefined and the
line number of the error.
– If you seach on your error RNF7503 it will either tell you the line number or place the error immideatly below the line on the listing.
Error occurs during compile?
D XOUNPR S 8P 2 INZ(15.23)
D XSUPRC1 S 10A
C EVAL XSUPRC1 = %EDITC(XOUNPR:’X')
C XSUPRC1 DSPLY
C EVAL *INLR = *ON
1. This program works
2. Are both files used in F spec’s for input or update?
3. This is RPGLE?
You’ve got to look at the compiler error message
1. there should be a RNF7030
2. if you search the compiled source you should see the each error with
the line number and field name other errors are immediately after the line.
You should also be able to search the compiled listing for the field in question – it should show
It on the input or output specs and it’s structure.
If the field in error comes from the DSPF – the record has to be used in the RPG program
Sometimes output files need to be set to Input – Add so you can get full use of the fields.
And then it appears that you’re changing things randomly
//////////////// this was your source yesterday
xounpr 8 p(2)
EVAL XSUPRC1 = %EDITC(XOUNPR:’X')
//// And this was today – the file and field names have changed
FWDRPIK CF E WORKSTN
FXFDOST O E DISK
FTFL01 UF E K DISK
FTFL02 IF E K DISK
FTFL03 IF E K DISK
C EVAL DSUPPRA = %EDITC(XFUNPR:’X’)
XFUNPR = 8 P2
DSUPPRA = 10A (resultant field for XFDOST file)