Try out the 1st trick....
1. Open Outlook > Tool > Email Accounts > View exiting directory or address books
2. Now remove Address book form list, click Add > Additional Address book > Outlook Address book > Click Next then click OK. Now close outlook and again run and go to contacts, it may show all
3. Again go to Contacts
4. In My Contacts Pain on left hand side, click right on Address Book
5. Now it opens a little Icon, select proprieties, and in outlook address book tab > make check. It shows the folder and an email address book is ticked....
Try out the 2nd trick....
1. Click Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
2. On Registry Editor, locate for the registry key as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Exchange > Client > Options
3. Click Edit tab > New > and select DWORD Value
4. Now type DumpsterAlwaysOn
5. Now set DWORD value as 1
Now the time to rerun Outlook 2003 and make a double click on Deleted Items folder. Click Tools > Recovered Deleted Items and this way u may recover deleted contacts
CAUTION: Working with Registry is risky. It is a good practice, to take backup of registry thru File > Export and if possible also take care about ur important data.
NOTE: U can also use a 3rd party SW to recover deleted contacts.
Hope it meets ur answer !
Last Wiki Answer Submitted: December 31, 2010 5:13 am by Subhendu Sen22,185 pts.