1. Use the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool of Client Access to setup a DSN using the library that your file is in and the IP address of your as400.
2. Open Excel
3. Data -> From other Source -> From Microsoft Query (make sure Microsoft Query is installed. If it isn’t, just use the ms office cd of your company and install it for free).
3. Select the data source you just created in step 1 above
4. Choose the file from the list, click next until you get to a finish button, click finish
5. The data will now be imported into Excel
6. Save the file as a .csv
7. You now have a .csv file with headings in tact
Anytime you rerun the query and populate the file, you simply go into your saved Excel sheet and click Data -> Refresh with the cursor on a line of data and your spreadsheet will refresh using your data source. You then resave as a .csv, etc
My directions above are brief, but I have typed instructions I did for some of my users if you need me to email them to you.