1) Copy the installation files from the disk to a public share (e.g. \\server\distribution\AppGlob\Office
2) Run setup /admin so you can customize the installation via a new MSP file. Create a new MSP file in the root directory where the setup.exe is located.
3) Customize the installation and save the MSP.
4) Create a new GPO (e.g. MSOffice2k7Push) and add this msp file to startup script
5) Assign the GPO to the OU where your regular users are located (not admins).
**** NOTE: You don’t want office to be installed onto Servers so don’t apply to where admins reside.
OCT (MSP creation via setup /admin)
GPO startup assignment