I underwent the following Steps for creating a mirror in sql server 2005.
1. Downloaded and isntalled sp2 in principal,mirror as well as witness servers
2. Created a new database named it as FinalMirror
3. Right clicked on the database Tasks-backup-BackupType--Full--Ok created FinalMirror.bak
4. Right clicked on the database Tasks-backup-BackupType--Transactional Log--Ok created FinalMirror-Transaction Log Backup
5. Copied this finalmirror.bak from my system to the Mirror Server. It was stored in the Principal server in the following location
C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLBackup
6. Right click on Mirror Server Database--Restore Database --Manually wrote down the ToDatabase
7. Selected from device and selected the added the copied backup file
8. Performed a restore --select the relevant backup--checked the checkbox on restore
9. On the left panel selected the Options and choosed NO RECOVERY
10.performed mirroring and for witness unchecked the "encrypt option"
in the Mirror server the database is shown as FinalMirror(In Recovery)
i cannot open it .
where am i going wrong
Free Guide: Managing storage for virtual environments
Complete a brief survey to get a complimentary 70-page whitepaper featuring the best methods and solutions for your virtual environment, as well as hypervisor-specific management advice from TechTarget experts. Don’t miss out on this exclusive content!